This event was fantastic!
We had 161 cars on the field after 47 cancellations, which could have yielded over 200 cars. As always, the Dillard House did an amazing job of helping keep us healthy and the food and all facets of hospitality were excellent.
Below is a drone video of the show field by Jack Orkin.
Drone Video of Show Field Dillard 2020 Show Field Video
Dillard 2020 Car "Check-in" Photos
(Click on the bottom right of the photo for a larger image)
More photos will follow later.
Here are videos of the Dillard shows from 2012 & 2018:
Dillard 2012 Dillard 2018 Video
Below is a sample of the activities that were held for 2020:
Held September 17-20, 2020,
The Peachtree MG Registry presented:
A Southern British Car Weekend in the Georgia mountains
The Dillard House Inn, Dillard, GA.
All makes and models of British cars and motorcycles are welcome!
This was also a NAMGBR and a NAMGAR regional event with
featured models! MG Magnette ZA and ZB, built between 1953 and 1958
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
See detailed Guided and Self-guided Tour Information below this Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 17 –
- 2:00PM – 5:00PM - Registration open.
- Join in on the 50/50 and other raffles at the Hospitality Center. A portion of the proceeds benefit our charity: Aurora Day Camp. https://www.auroradaycamp.org/
Enjoy your leisure time at the Dillard House or tour the surrounding area. Explore downtown Clayton and Dillard, GA or one of the nearby North Carolina towns. Several self-guided tours available and lots of things to do!
- 4:45PM - NAMGAR Dutch Treat Dinner at the Dillard House with Tim & Theresa Gaffney as PMGR & NAMGAR hosts - All SBCF participants are welcome also.
7:45PM/Dusk is Showtime at the Tiger Drive-In. Convoy or on-your-own. (Directions available.)
Friday, September 18 –
- 8:00AM – 5:00PM - Registration open.
- 10:00AM – 5:00PM - Hospitality Center open before and after dinner until 11:00PM.
Join in on the raffles to help support the “Aurora Day Camp” – All day long!
8:30AM - SORRY, this event is FULL! Tom Nadelhoffer will guide the "Trifecta Tour" and run on the Tail of the Dragon.
- 10:00AM - Jeff Adams & Susan Hunter will guide a tour to Crane Creek Vineyards for wine tasting ($16), followed by lunch.
- 10:30AM - SORRY, this event is FULL! Jack & Kathy Orkin will guide a tour to Franklin, NC, with lunch, visit museums, and shopping downtown.
- 1:00PM – 3 Tech Sessions: Glenn Lenhard will talk about the latest trend in chemicals, lubricants, and improved reliability components that can be used on all British cars.
- Restoration techniques.
- A slide show of some of the unusual cars that have come through his St. Petersburg, FL shop.
- Front disc brake conversion on MGAs and Magnettes.
- 3:45PM –Tech Session: Rover V8 reasonably priced conversion, by Jerry Richards, former British Olympian, who will be bring his original MGB-GT-V8.
- Take one of the Self-Guided tours, found in the "Details of Guided and Unguided Tours", below this Schedule of Events.
6:30PM - Low Country Boil Dinner – Dillard House Conference Center. If you have dietary restrictions, please discuss them with the Dillard House upon check-in.
After Supper, join us at the Firepit for some fellowship! Bring a chair and your chosen beverage.
Saturday, September 19 – Show Day!
- 8:30AM – 5:00PM - Hospitality Center - Stop by to join the raffle!
- 8:30AM – Noon - Registration open.
- 8:00AM – 10:00AM - Line up for car photos before entering the show field. You must have a windshield placard before the photo and entering the show field.
- 10:00AM - 2:00PM - Southeast British Car Festival Car Show
- Registrant Ballots must be in by 1:30PM
- Glenn Lenhard Rolling Tech Session. Sign up at Registration Desk.
- Hagerty Youth Judging Awards will take place from about 10:00AM until 1:30 PM.
- A professional photographer will be on the show field for artistic photos of your car. - $10.
- Join in on the raffles – All day long to help support the Aurora Day Camp!
- 11:30AM - 12:30PM - Get your pre-ordered buffet lunch in the Hospitality Center.
- 2:00 - 5:00PM - Take one of the unguided North Georgia Mountains Driving Tours.
- 6:30PM - Awards Banquet & Charity Raffle Results – Dillard House Conference Center. If you have dietary restrictions, please discuss them with the Dillard House upon check-in.
Sunday, September 20 –
- 8:00AM – 10:00AM - Hospitality Suites
Details of Guided and Unguided Tours